Karen is a master at demystifying social media and helping you to create your unique internet persona.
Fertile Ground to Grow Your Business
- Real Estate searches on google have grown 253% over the last four years (Janury 2013 RealtorMag)
- 90 percent of home buyers searched online during their home buying process (Digital House Hunt, N.A.R.)
- Of those who used a mobile device in their home search, 45 percent used the device to request more information about home features or real estate services.
Social media has the potential to generate more leads, grow your online presence, and improve search engine rankings.
How Successful Realtors Are Using Social Media
- Highlight the content and successes of the agency
- Position oneself as an expert or a leader in their region
- Promote listings and attract new clients
- Wow clients during listing presentations
- Highlight the community the agent serves
- Highlight real estate successes and create momentum
- Interact with potential clients
- Build community – with related businesses, existing and future clients
- Generate referrals
- Learn more about your market and potential clients
Most importantly, each social media platform gives realtors a different way to connect with clients. In a business that depends on referrals, there is no underestimating how valuable each retweet can be.~ Sprout Social “How Real Estate Agents Use Social Media to Boost Business”
Social media is the most affordable and efficient way to showcase your skills to a massive audience on a daily basis.
How They Are Using It To Grow Their Business
With 728 million daily active users, this is the best place to build a community, connect on a more personal level, and share relevant content about you, your community, and your business. Here you have a choice of connecting personally and as your business persona.
A quick and easy way to reach an audience outside of your usual sphere of influence with a few words and pictures. There is high potential to reach first-time buyers. And, very attractive to those who want to reach a global audience.
As one of the fastest growing social networks, this is THE place for those who love to share visuals. Home decor is one of the top three most popular categories for women to share pictures and videos. This is a great place to promote your listings and entice people back to your website or other social circles, e.g., Facebook.
This is the medium for those who love to use their SMARTPHONE to take PICTURES and quickly share them with a broad audience. It is a great way to share the best features of your listings and neighborhood, and reach potential first-time buyers in an instant.
Like television, video is one of the MOST POWERFUL ways to market you and your listings. Create the videos yourself or have them created for you, then upload them to YouTube, and share them on all of your social media. Remember, google (which is YouTube) is the most-used search engine in the world. Vimeo is another powerful option, with the option to protect content.
email is still THE BEST way to maximize the connections you make on social media. Regular communication with the connections you make online are nurtured by taking them offline and connecting in person and via email. Newsletters and seasonal greetings are highly appreciated.